The following story was created as a side shoot from my Murkland storylines specifically for submission to the Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge. Click on the banner to find out more. At the end of the month there will be polls for readers to vote for their faves, but we ask that you read ALL submissions before voting. Enjoy this, and all of the stories for May – theme “Mothers/Mothering” . At the end there are some notes on the Easter Eggs in this story from my main Murkland storyline.
If you read my main story lines you will see the connections here:
- The little girl is a child version of Dusty Boots, a sim created by Brennachan as an optional character to start your Murkland challenge.
- This story is like a prelude of sorts – it will tie into my current story line when you meet Dusty Boots as a late teen/young adult.
- Veegan smells because, well, everyone in Murkland pretty much smells. They are under strict water rations.
- Veegan offers Dusty granola and calls her Pup. There are just fun little things that show up between him and Cosima.
- The nice older lady, she is the Vardo brother’s mama. She shows up in my interlude story – Tymeless Love. This will tie in more to future story lines too so stay tuned.